Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Pan seared chicken with boiled veggies

They say Indian food is awesome, insanely delicious, divine texture, great combination of exotic spices but... its very heavy and not healthy (because of the over use if oil, ghee and spices) especially for weight watchers. You know what would my response to that be? I agree, I would say :-). 

After watching Masterchef US all 5 seasons back to back (Yeah I know I am crazy), I decided to cook some healthy yet delicious dishes. Mind you this is my first time on this dish but after tasting the final dish its not the last time I will cook it.

I have been observing my weight since my childhood. But now I have realized if I keep consuming Indian food I am ought to gain weight. I know it sounds harsh but I am sorry its the reality :-). 

This dish is so light that my tummy is very happy with the dinner tonight :-) and is still craving for more :-)





Ingredients 


  • 400 gms boneless chicken.
  • Salt and black pepper. 
  • Fresh coriander finely chopped. 
  • Fresh vegetables of your choice. I took carrot, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli. 
  • Olive oil, a cube of butter. 
  • 1 clove of garlic. 
  • 1 small tsp cumin seeds. 
  • Lemon zest. And lemon juice. 
  • Sweet chili sauce and mustard sauce. 
  • And lots of love. 


Method


Pan seared chicken


  • Take a pan on high heat. 
  • Add 2 to 3 tsp olive oil. 
  • Add cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Roughly 30 seconds.
  • Season the chicken breast with salt and black pepper. 
  • Lay chicken breast away from you on the pan. 
  • Cook it for 2 minutes then flip them over. 
  • Cook it for another 2 minutes on the other side then flip again. 
  • Add butter. Add garlic. Add coriander leaves. 
  • Reduce the heat to medium. 
  • Cook it for 4 minutes with lid on. 
  • Add lemon zest at this stage. 
  • Flip the chicken and cook for another 4 minutes with lid on. 
  • Take chicken out and let it rest for few minutes. 
  • Chicken keeps cooking while it rests. 


Boiled veggies 


  • Take a deep pan. Fill with water. Bring the water to a running boil. Add a pinch of salt. 
  • Add all cut veggies but spinach. 
  • Cook them with lid on for 7 to 8 mins. 
  • Towards the end add spinach. Cause spinach takes no time to boil. 
  • Plate the veggies out. 
  • Plate them together, the way I have shown it. Season it with mustard sauce, sweet chili sauce and a touch of lemon juice.





No comments:

Post a Comment