After four months my wife and my little kid are back in Vienna to stay with me. We are once again a happy little family together. We had a great family union over the weekend. Although it did not go entirely as I planned as I kept sleeping and did not go to pick them up from airport! Ouchhh... I know... :-)
So to cover up I decided to make an awesome dish together as a family. We are a family of three and its my third month of blogging. So our next dish will be a combination of three differently style cooked items.
This dish is popularly called Palak Chicken or Spinach Chicken. Let me remind you that even I will cook this dish for the first time.
I already stressed enough in one of earlier spinach (Palak Panner) recipes that how healthy spinach really is!
To put it simply this dish is a combination of boiled spinach, deliciously cooked chicken and a mouth watering tomatoes and onions tempering.
So let's get to it...
Here's what you will need:
- 350 gms Spinach
- 400 gms Boneless chicken
- 3 spoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chilies
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Chicken masala
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1.5 rsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Fenugreek leaves
- Fresh cream
- Let's first marinate the chicken and keep it aside.
- Take chicken pieces in a bowl.
- Add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste.
- Add 2 tsp olive oil.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add 1 tsp Chicken masala
- Add 1 tsp red chili powder.
- Mix it well. And keep it aside while you cook rest of the dish.
Let's make the tempering
- Take a pan. Add olive oil 4 to 5 tsp olive oil.
- Add chopped onions. Saute it till they change their color. Add salt.
- Add 2 tsp ginger garlic paste.
- Add 2 green chilies finely chopped.
- When onion are golden brown add dry spices.
- Add coriander powder.
- Add cumin powder.
- Add tomatoes.
- Mix them well. Keep saute them till oil separates out from masala.
Let's saute the chicken
- Take a pan. Add olive oil.
- Lay the marinated chicken pieces on the pan. Lay each piece away from you in clockwise direction. So that you know how to turn them up for an even cook.
- Add some butter.
- Keep flipping the chicken pieces every 5 to 7 minutes for an even cook.
- Once chicken is cooked add it to tempering with all the olive oil and butter mix.
- Please make sure that the chicken cooked well. Mine was left a little undone.
- Bring the water to a boil in a deep pan or pressure cooker.
- Add spinach to the water and let it boil, without the lid.
- After 5 to 7 minutes take out the spinach and make a puree out if it.
- I used a hand blender which my wife brought from India.
- Add the spinach puree to the chicken mix.
- Let it all cook up with the mix.
- Add garam masala and fenugreek leaves in the end.
- Give them a nice mix. And let them cook for another 10 minutes. Add fresh cream.
- And that's it.